Here’s a dynamic list of things that influence me.
- Website and forum for Gary VanWarmerdam and his method of self mastery. Gary’s book ‘Mindworks’ has influence me greatly and I find his videos and teachings extremely valuable
- James is the author of ‘Atomic Habits’, a book that outlines an intuitive way to learn new habits and stop practicing bad ones.
Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance at Amazon https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0063HC7EQ/ref=dp-kindle-redirect?_encoding=UTF8&btkr=1
- One of my favorite books about Quality, psychology, and supposedly the best selling philosophy book of all time.
An overview of Cognitive Behavioral Therapy at the Mayo Clinic https://www.mayoclinic.org/tests-procedures/cognitive-behavioral-therapy/about/pac-20384610
- A good start to changing your behavior, thoughts, and old beliefs.
- Paul Lutus’ website. I discovered him through his solo sailing ebook (free on his website) but found so much more. He’s the guy explains that a dictionary is not a book of what words mean but a book of what we think words mean.
- Dax Shepard’s podcast. It’s really good and he gets some great interviews.
- American nomads document their adventures in an rv then a sailboat. True adventurers and super well made.
- Podcast by David McRaney. Well researched, pertinent topics for free thinkers. Very stimulating stuff.
- Stephen West is simply amazing. Each podcast is an unbelievably understandable summary of a great philosopher, philosophical idea, or tome. If you ever wanted a ‘philosophy cliff’s notes’ this is the place.